Thursday, September 17, 2009

Balsamic Vinaigrette Marinated Onions

Extended Life for: Onions


Occasionally we receive an overabundance of onions yet they are a favorite ingredient to many dishes in our household. I understand that in general if you simply peel back a few layers you will discover the type of onion desired for cooking. Nonetheless, I find it valuable to occasionally extend the life of foods and find new uses for them, this is now a favorite way for me to "keep" onions.


Simply find an empty wide mouth jar. Slice onions, place in jar. Cover with your favorite Balsamic Vinaigrette - whether store bought or home made the vinaigrette will help keep the onions and give them extra kick for sandwiches, burgers, pasta dishes, etc. Let your imagination run wild!


For my marinated onions I used yellow onions and the Balsamic Vinaigrette found in the Better Homes & Gardens cook book. I have used the onions as part of a Zucchini stuffing, pasta dish and various other dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...