Friday, September 11, 2009

Why Extend Shelf Life?

Ever have a tomato that has a little bruised spot? A zuchinni that goes a little limp? Forgot about a bag of onions in the pantry? Or maybe you are aware of food waste in America. Not only in individual's households but by corporations as well. My passion is food. Baking and cooking are favorite pastimes of mine. Conservation and being a wise and thoughtful consumer are things that are becoming increasingly important to me.

Here, on Extended Shelf Life, I will record, if only for my personal advantage, the recipes I prepare with food that "should" be discarded. Of course, any recipe can taste equally delicious with the freshest ingredients, but then I'd be left to develop a new catchy blog title.

Enjoy and Extend,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...