Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cardamom Red Banana Bread

Extended Life for: Red Bananas On many occassions, I have the true joy of creating something entirely new and exciting. However, it is a rare occassion that my new dish is of the "baking" category. The chemistry of baking powder, salt, baking soda, heat, etc. far surpass my understanding. Baking something new, for me, is generally a matter of a simple substitution. This recipe however was a mix of my basic banana bread recipe plus a common concept/ingredient I continually came across when searching for red banana - that is the cardamom. For bread, I almost always use my bread machine, so this recipe is suited for such - however, I'm sure you could adjust the recipe to work in the oven.

Ingredients:

3 large Eggs
3 Tbsp. Oil
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 cup White Sugar
1/2 tsp. Salt
4 small Red Bananas (or yellow ones should work as well)
1/4 cup Butter
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp. Cardamom, ground

Directions:

In a wok or skillet, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and stir until dissolved. Add bananas and cardamom heat for 3-5 minutes. In bread machine; place eggs and oil in bottom of pan followed by dry ingredients with banana mixture on top. Bake according to bread machine directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...