Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Travel Sandwich

Extended Shelf Life for: Bread, Peppers and Deli Meat A fond culinary memory from Spain is that of the Bocadillo - sandwich perfection. Often when preparing to travel I wish I were packing my Senora's delicious omelet on a baguette and tuna con tomates on a baguette. Every time I was about to board a bus (or go watch a bullfight) I would have my bocadillos in hand. So, as our dear house-mates began describing the sandwhich they would take on their Spring Break road trip - it become abundantly clear that with some of the key ingredients sitting on our shelf, in our fridge and in the freezer - I knew we too needed have our own travel sandwich to enjoy.

A sandwich is not keen to having ingredient/direction lists, so for a Travel Sandwich simply purchase or dive a loaf of French Bread or Sourdough, cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out some of the bread from bottom half, drizzle olive oil, vinegar, and favorite Italian spices on both sides of the bread. Begin the layering process: salami, pepperoni, ham, peppers, onion, etc. Top off the sandwhich, slice, wrap in plastic wrap and let set overnight until you hit the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...