Sunday, October 31, 2010

Kitchen Memories: October 2010

I just got to thinking.

I MISS our dumpster diving rituals.
The 'harvest'
The anticipation and imagination
that went into every meal.

I'm still feeding friends
and experimenting with
unfamiliar foods.
But it's not the same.

So, I'm going to get a little nostaligic.
Remembering what I made about a year ago.


Last October was all about the Eggplant.
I made four incredible dishes.
I remember rave reviews on this
"Easiest Eggplant" with "Fresh" Marinara

Another thing I've been missing this fall is canning.
Last October I did some killer Kosher Dill Pickles
and the most amazingly delicious
Freezer Strawberry Jam

And the greatest joy is always in sharing the meal or snack
with dear friends.

It's official.
I miss my 519 Kitchen and dinner guests.

Fortunately Korea isn't holding too much out on me.
Still have a kitchen (although not as homey and cozy and perfect as 519)
And still have Fabulous Dinner/Snack Guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...