Sunday, October 3, 2010

Frito Pie

Everybody has a favorite chili recipe - and I'm not about to convince you that my Korean style chili was all that impressive and that you should switch over. On the contrary, it was too sweet! Between the corn and tomatoes and even the spicy sauce we have, this chili had too much sweetness to make me LOVE it, but I did enjoy it!
Korean "Fritos" - the ones on the left are better for frito pie, more sturdy
The best part about the meal, or a highlight to the meal, was preparing it in the crock-pot! I'm very grateful for my husband getting me a crock-pot one week into our Korean stay ^^. So - into the crockpot went: 2cans black beans, 2diced onions, 1 can sweet corn (not my best idea), 5-6 small chopped tomatoes, 3 cloves of garlic, about 1 pound of ground beef, some chili powder and seasoning salt (I would have loved to have this chili spice mix...but didn't) - cooked on high for 3-4 hours before being served over Korean Fritos with a little spicy sauce -- welcome cooler weather, I will perfect my Korean Frito Pie, don't you worry!

P.S. When eaten as a leftover, this chili takes on whole new meaning with a fried egg on top...but then again, most things take on whole new meaning with a fried egg on top

1 comment:

  1. I only just found this website!! How is that possible! I am so fascinated with it. Please keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...