Thursday, June 14, 2012

Quinoa with Black Bean and Sweet Potato Casserole


Photobucket

I pinned this recipe a while back, back when I didn't actually have Quinoa and wasn't sure how I was going to get my hands on the intriguing little grain taking my Pinterest wall by storm.  Soon enough, however, another English teacher left the land of Korea and in turn passed on some Quinoa to the Harrington household. Recognizing that I now had the opportunity to be preparing the handful of Quinoa recipes I'd pinned, I got excited and began the preparations for this Casserole which features not only Quinoa, but also black beans and sweet potatoes - one of my favorite combinations.

Ingredients/Directions:
Adapted from SparkPeople

Prepare a square baking dish or round cake pan/casserole dish with oil and preheat the oven to 350 F (177 C). In a large bowl mix together 1 cup of prepared Quinoa, 3 cups Black Beans, 2 lg. Sweet Potatoes finely diced or shredded, 1/2 cup Cheddar, 1 Tbsp. Cumin, Salt and Pepper. In a smaller bowl, mix together 2 eggs and 1 cup Salsa. Mix the veggies and quinoa with the salsa and egg mixture before sprinkling with additional cheese and baking for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...