Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Banana Beer Bread


Photobucket
Photobucket

This just may be my crowning moment in the world of culinary goodness.

Beer Bread meets Banana Bread and it is alliterative love at first bite. 

I really had no idea how this loaf of bread would pan out, but the idea came and I had to throw it together to find out. 

It was a perfect mix of banana and beer, with an incredible meeting of the dense-ness of banana bread with the lighter, airy texture of beer/yeast breads. 

I could not have been more satisfied with the way this bread turner out - definitely helpful that I get to use my husbands home-brewed beers which are full of flavor compared to Korea's watered down brews.

Ingredients/Directions:

In a large bowl, mix together 3 cups Flour, 1 tsp. Salt, 3 Tbsp. Sugar, and 1 Tbsp. Baking Powder.  You will need a total of 8-12oz Flat Beer (I used a Belgian), add about one cup to dry mixture as well as 3 Ripe Mashed Bananas. Add additional beer as necessary to gain the proper consistency, thick and sticky, not too runny. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan, dollop 2 tbsp. of Butter on top of the raw loaf and bake at 375 F for 30-40 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I made this Whole Wheat with honey and walnuts...OH MY. It was amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...