Saturday, June 9, 2012

Watermelon Slush Cubes


Photobucket

A not-so-recent-river-side-picnic resulted in my returning home with half a watermelon filled with home-made watermelon sorbet - I'm guessing the original recipe was something like this one.

Unfortunately, it was no small task to break out some that watermelon sorbet, so it sat in our freezer a little longer than I'd like to admit.

Then, I had an idea.

Ice Cubes.

Because they are easy and accessible.

So, during a Sunday of cooking/baking adventures, I pulled out the melon and let it thaw.

Scooped it into the blender, added a touch of pineapple juice and then poured into some ice trays.

Now, I can have the occasional hard cider (homemade by the hubs) with the nice taste of watermelon added to the mix. Or, I can throw a couple into a smoothie or even some (n)ice cream sandwiches (more on those later).

So, yeah, it was a good idea and now that watermelon sorbet is being put to use!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...