Thursday, May 26, 2011

Grilled Hummus and Veggie Wraps and Sauted Spinach Salad

Photobucket

Neither of these recipes takes a rocket scientist. If anything, you need a fridge full of veggies, some tortillas and a food processor is beneficial as well.

If you need to prepare hummus - throw one or two cups of Chickpeas/Garbanzo Beans into a food processor with olive oil, 2-3 cloves Garlic and 1-2 Tbsp. Tahini and let 'em have it.

I have a thing for roasted veggies, so I threw some eggplant, zuchinni and Onions into our oven while I spread the humus and chopped a tomato. Piece it all together as you would a wrap/burrito. If you have some Feta lying around - I'd TOTALLY throw that into the mix. Enjoy once it's a bit crispy on the outside, you'll feel joyful!

As for the Spinach Salad...I had some left over veggies from a pasta dish that had been 'marinating' in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, I ate the 5 pasta noodle left and wanted to toss the veggies with the spinach...but didn't want the veg sinking to the bottom of the salad. Hence, sauteing...throwing the veg and the spinach into a skillet allowed the spinach to share the dressing and 'grab onto' those veggies a little better than if the Spinach weren't sauted. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Melissa, I am interested in having a guest poster on ovenlesschef and thought you fit the bill! :) If interested in creating a post on your favorite stove top meal, please send me an e-mail at lindseylett@yahoo.com with guest post in the subject line! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...