Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sweet Potato, Apple and Tofu Muffins


Photobucket

I do some strange things sometimes. Strange, yet occassionally brilliant. I'll chalk this recipe up to strangely brilliant.

I had just made a pasta sauce using boiled and mashed sweet potatoes and apples which were then mixed with soft tofu. The dish was fabulous, but I had a bit of leftover sauce.

A few mornings later, craving some fresh baked bread product, I simply used the pasta sauce in place of bananas as if I were making banana bread and before you know it, I had my self these super Sweet Potato, Apple and Tofu Muffins!

Ingredients/Directions:

Cream together 1/2 cup margarine, softened and 1 cup white sugar. Add 2 eggs and1 1/2 cups apple/sweet potato/tofu puree. Stir in 2 cups all-purpose flour and 1 teaspoon baking soda. May add one or two  handfuls of craisins or nuts if so desired. Bake at 350 as cupcakes (10-15 minutes) or a loaf of bread (40-50 minutes) until golden brown and no longer gooey in the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...