Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Orange Pancakes using Master Mix

Extended Shelf Life for: Oranges (juice)
Master Mix is quickly becoming one of my ultimate "staple" products in the kitchen. This recipe was given to me in a High School Life Skills course as part of the Centsible Nutrition Cook Book. Until recently, I hadn't given it much thought. However, I then had a craving for pancakes, I wanted them to be quick and easy and have my choice of flours in them. Generally, when I make the mix I use half enriched white flour and then a combination of spelt flour and oats - I love it! I hope you enjoy this recipe and the many more to come that include the soon-to-be-infamous MASTER MIX!

Ingredients:

2 cups Master Mix (recipe posted on right hand side of blog
1 1/4 cups Orange Juice (fresh squeezed if possible)
1 egg, beaten
Cinnamon to taste
Pinch of Orange Zest
Splash of Vanilla

Directions:

Combine all ingredients; stirring just until batter is moist. Drop by spoonful in a hot greased griddle or fry pan. Turn over when bubbles appear on surface. Cook until well browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...