Friday, November 6, 2009

Curry Eggplant and Pumpkin Fritters

Extended Life for: Eggplant, Pumpkin, Onion, RadishA while back I made an abundance of Curried Eggplant. The dish was good on it's own, however it held too much heat for me to enjoy it on it's own. Therefore, it went into the freezer with my intentions to discover a better use for this spicy eggplant dish. Not a month later, I received my favorite magazine, Vegetarian Times which was showcasing veggie patties...my inspiration for this creation. I recognize you may not have leftover ingredients to put into these patties, therefore, I'll attempt to suggest alternatives...


Ingredients:

3 large Eggs
4 cups mashed Curried Eggplant
(I used a food chopper, a food processor would work as well, if you don't have frozen curried eggplant, just roast some eggplant, season with curry and jalapeno and let me know how it turns out!)
1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
2 shakes of Curry Powder (unless your eggplant wasn't already curried...)
2 spoonfuls of Curry Pumpkin soup should you happen to have some on hand, otherwise, omit
1/2 cup Onion, diced
1/2 cup Radish, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/4 cup Mango Chutney
2-3 cups prepared Rice

Directions:

Whisk eggs. Mix in following seven ingredients. Drop by spoonful onto hot griddle, cooke on each side for 4-5 minutes or until crisp and brown. Serve veggie patties on top of prepared rice and Mango Chutney. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...