Sunday, February 27, 2011

Slow Cooker Chicken Broth

Photobucket

Once upon a time I penned this blog post. But had not photo to showcase the making of Chicken Broth, so here I am again to remind myself and any readers who may stumble upon this space that making Chicken Broth is oh-so-easy, especially if you have a slow cooker!

  1. Prepare a whole roaster chicken or two (or purchase from a local grocer) - Enjoy. Save Carcass. Make Broth
  2. Throw carcass into slow cooker, add on carrot quartered, one onion quartered (optional, stick cloves into quartered onion), salt and pepper.
  3. Cover with water or follow my lead: 3 cups Oolong tea plus additional water until bird and veggies are covered.
  4. Cook on high 4-5 hours.
  5. Cool. Spoon broth into freezer safe containers, I do mine by two cup incriments. Enjoy with various soups and sauces!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...