Monday, January 3, 2011

Eggnog

Photobucket

I was fortunate enough to receive an eggnog recipe from a good friend...I'm not sure if it's a secret recipe or not...fortunately not many folks read this blog ^^

6 Egg yolks


6 Egg whites

~1 C. sugar

1/2 tsp salt

10 C. whole milk

3 tsp sugar

3 tsp vanilla



Beat ~1 C. sugar into egg yolks. Add salt; stir in milk. Cook over medium heat; stir often until mixture coats spoon. Cool.

Beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add 3 tsp sugar, beating to soft peaks. Add to custard and mix thoroughly. Add vanilla. Chill 3 to 4 hours.


I definitely did not master this recipe. I enjoyed every cup of 'eggnog' I drank, but I did not succeed in creating a custard or having a thick eggnog - however, that is due to my lack of patience and direction following capabilities. I've had our friends eggnog and it's great, mine was great - so go for it! Try making your own nog...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...