Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Grilled Cheese French Toasted Bagel with Cilantro

Photobucket

If you've browsed through any of my past recipes, you know I run an egg-loving houshold. So, I've had this idea to make bagels in a fashion similar to French Toast, therefore, when it was snack time on Saturday, I was all too excited to give this dish a whirl. The concept is easy and open to great interpretation/change - I know I'll definitely be playing around with the idea a bit. Regardless, here is how things started and ended:

Ingredients/Directions:

Whisk together 3 eggs (for 2 bagels). Add seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic, fresh cilantro, etc. Dip bagel halves into egg mixture throw onto greased skillet and cook until egg is no longer runny on both sides. Remove from skillet, top with choice of ingredients (I made small cheese omelets), toast in the oven for approximately 10 minutes and enjoy!

Recommendations for toppings:
Fresh Tomato, Cucumber, Spinach, Deli-Meats, Sprouts, Cheese, etc.
Cream Cheese
Butter
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...