Sunday, March 6, 2011

Spinach Pesto

Photobucket
I knew Spinach Pesto was a possibility, so I set out to find a recipe in order to use up some spinach in our fridge space. Finding a recipe wasn't difficult, so I used this recipe as my guide, and when I say guide, I mean guide. I substituted EVERYTHING in my Spinach Pesto except for the Spinach. I served half with Penne Pasta and a fried egg on top, and froze half to use later. The dish goes together quite quickly, especially with a food processor, Enjoy!

Ingredients/Directions:

1 Bunch Spinach (2 cups, roughly) washed and dried, one handful or 1/4 cup Walnuts, Juice of 2 Clementine's plus Orange Zest from the Clementines, 1/3 cup + 2 tsp. Olive Oil, Salt, and Pepper - grind in food processor until paste like. Stir in 1/3 cup Feta Cheese and enjoy on pasta, sandwiches, as an appetizer, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...